Zingiber officinale, or Ginger , is the underground rhizome of the ginger plant. Aromatic and spicy, it has been used as medicine for thousands of years.
1. Ginger contains chromium, magnesium and zinc which maintain good blood circulation.
2. The root is well known for eliminating stomach upset and gas and has been found to be more affective than prescription drugs for eliminating motion sickness, relieving nausea and preventing vomiting.
3. By stimulating gastric and pancreatic enzymes, ginger improves absorption of nutrients in the body.
4. Containing gingerol, one of the most potent anti-inflammatory compounds known, ginger is a natural powerful painkiller.
5. The root has been used since ancient times in Asia to prevent cold and flu.
6. Ginger fights ovarian and colon cancers.
7. Ginger strengthens the immune system and aids in respiration by expanding the lungs and loosening phlegm.